Credit Card & Debit Card Frauds
Cards such as Credit and Debit cards are by far the most common non-cash payment method used by consumers today. These cards are used for in-store purchases, to withdraw cash from an Automatic Teller Machine (ATM), or to make purchases over the phone or Internet.
Newer payment systems such as chip and pin have assisted in improving customer efficiency and reducing some types of card fraud such as skimming, however it's also important to consider what further opportunities are created by the technology for fraud offenders, who are constantly seeking better ways to exploit weaknesses in the system.
Online frauds are most commonly carried out by the theft of genuine card details that are then used to make purchases over the Internet, by phone or mail order. The genuine cardholder may not be aware of this fraud until he or she receives a transaction SMS for the amount debited or check their statement.
Offline frauds or Counterfeit card fraud is the use of altered or illegally reproduced cards including the replication/alteration of the magnetic stripe and changes to the details on the face of the card with intent to defraud. Most of this fraud involves a technique called skimming.
Solutions for Individual
- Social Networking Crimes
- Mobile Phone & SMS Crimes
- Online Defamation / Cyber Smearing
- Online Harassment / Cyber Stalking
- Bullying in Cyberspace
- Digital Identity Fraud
- Revenge Pornography
- Credit Card & Debit Card Frauds
- ATM Card Skimming & PIN Capturing
- Internet & Mobile Banking Frauds
- Phishing Attacks & Countermeasures
- Vishing & Smishing Attacks
- Apr 06,2021INDIAN COMPANIES AND HIPAA (COMPLIANCE, BREACH, AND PENALTIES)
- Apr 06,2021Online Payments
- Mar 30,2021Copyright over Stock photos used by Political Parties