Phishing Attacks & Countermeasures
Phishing AttacksPhishing attack is a method used to trick people into divulging confidential information by responding to an email. Especially for obtaining or attempting to obtain certain banking information (e.g. username, password, credit card numbers etc)
Job Roles of Phishing Attackers
How does Phishing take place?
- Mailers send out a large number spoofed emails with a link to the fake website
- These emails direct users to fraudulent websites
- Collectors set up fake websites. These websites "fool" users into divulging confidential information
- Cashers use the confidential information to achieve a "pay-out".
- Mailers, Collectors and Cashers share the money.
DO NOT respond to any email from unknown source or emails pretend to be from known source with request for divulging confidential information especially credentials of Internet banking, credit cards, debit cards, online wallets, mobile wallets etc.
Solutions for Individual
- Social Networking Crimes
- Mobile Phone & SMS Crimes
- Online Defamation / Cyber Smearing
- Online Harassment / Cyber Stalking
- Bullying in Cyberspace
- Digital Identity Fraud
- Revenge Pornography
- Credit Card & Debit Card Frauds
- ATM Card Skimming & PIN Capturing
- Internet & Mobile Banking Frauds
- Phishing Attacks & Countermeasures
- Vishing & Smishing Attacks