Digital Identity Fraud
Digital Identity theft is a form of stealing someone's identity online in which someone pretends to be someone else by assuming that person's digital identity. This is done typically in order to access resources or obtain credit and other benefits in that person's name.
The victim of identity theft can suffer adverse consequences if held accountable for the perpetrator's actions. Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personally identifying information, like your name, photographs, email id, mobile number, residential or business address, aadhar number, PAN etc without permission and commits fraud or other crimes.
It’s a type of fraud which involves stealing money or gaining other benefits by pretending to be someone else. Having your identity stolen can be both financially and emotionally devastating.
- Think twice before sharing your personal details on social networking sites or offline.
- Ensure you delete unnecessary personal details or bank account details from your online accounts.
- Use secure online platforms for making online transactions.
Impersonator could either hack into your real accounts; or just create fake profiles or comments purporting to be “you.” The motivation behind the act may be revenge, sadism, extortion, or playing some kind of twisted prank. The damage to reputation caused by impersonating someone online can be substantial and hard to cope with.
Digital impersonation is one of the most dangerous kinds of online reputation problems. It happens when someone else assumes your identity and communicates using your real name, photograph or avatar.
Solutions for Individual
- Social Networking Crimes
- Mobile Phone & SMS Crimes
- Online Defamation / Cyber Smearing
- Online Harassment / Cyber Stalking
- Bullying in Cyberspace
- Digital Identity Fraud
- Revenge Pornography
- Credit Card & Debit Card Frauds
- ATM Card Skimming & PIN Capturing
- Internet & Mobile Banking Frauds
- Phishing Attacks & Countermeasures
- Vishing & Smishing Attacks
- Apr 06,2021INDIAN COMPANIES AND HIPAA (COMPLIANCE, BREACH, AND PENALTIES)
- Apr 06,2021Online Payments
- Mar 30,2021Copyright over Stock photos used by Political Parties