E-Commerce Legal issues
E-commerce is based on the traditional principles of commerce i.e. buyers and seller come together to buy goods or services in exchange of money.
Money has taken various new formats and the ways we collect payments are changed from Currency to cards, online wallets, and mobile wallets.
When it comes to monetary transactions then there are various regulatory measures that have to be complied with in order to setup an E-commerce business.
The primary Legal Compliance for E-commerce
- Registering a Domain Name in compliance with Trade Mark Law
- Hosting a Domain Name in compliance with International Private Law
- Uploading contents to the website in compliance with Copyright Law
- Enabling online payments in compliance with RBI mandate
- Search Engine Optimization in compliance with Anti Competition Law