File & Image Forensics
With the advent of high-resolution digital cameras, powerful personal computers and sophisticated Photo-editing software, the manipulation of photos is becoming more common. With the assistance advanced technology we can identify whether the image is original or tampered/ morphed image. The examination report may provide the following details:
- The nature of the request
- The results that were obtained
- Dates and Time stamps those were visible
- Identification of the format/type of image
- The type of processing that was performed
- Description of the subjects, if visible
- Description of the final product provided (e.g., Deleted Images/ Pictures)
- Limitations in the examination
Steganography is the art of hiding messages in image. It is used by criminals and by non criminals to send information over the internet. Steganalysis is of increasing importance in cyber security that has been used to decrepit the hidden information in the images.
In today's lifestyle most digital evidence is stored within the computer's file system both corporates and individuals, but most of the computer users does not know how file systems works. It is one of the most technically challenging concepts for the victim. Digital investigators with the assistance of state of the art forensic tools would be in a position to identify the authenticity of the construction of the file whether it is genuine or tampered. The forensic report would assist in most of the expensive corporate litigations.