Software Piracy Investigation
Unauthorized downloading and using of software without proper license is a pirate activity. Many people do not consider software piracy to be theft. Software is copyright protected and it is an intellectual property of the creator. Using pirated software would amount to stealing the property of another person. Copyright violation is a criminal offence.
The person who down loads pirated software can be traced using the IP address. With the help of IP address his corresponding postal address can be identified. Then forensic examination of his computers and data storage devices can reveal a lot of evidence leads to criminal offence.
Simultaneously use of single user license software by multiple users also amounts to software piracy. Not only the software pirate but also the person who buy the pirated software from him is also liable for copyright infringement. Conventional investigation methods can also be used to identify the suspects and gather all relevant information.
Cyber Crime Investigation
- Email Tracing & Investigation
- Industrial Espionage
- Unauthorized Access & Hacking
- Investigating Server Logs & IP
- Investigating Financial Frauds
- Investigating Digital Impersonation
- Spear Phishing Investigation
- Software Piracy Investigation
- Investigating Obscene Materials
- Breach of Privacy and Confidentiality
- E-Crime Scene Investigation
- Apr 06,2021INDIAN COMPANIES AND HIPAA (COMPLIANCE, BREACH, AND PENALTIES)
- Apr 06,2021Online Payments
- Mar 30,2021Copyright over Stock photos used by Political Parties